About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Mexican Eggs



We have eggs Every. Single. Day. Usually we eat them boiled because we need something quick on weekdays. Most Saturdays we make some sort of scramble. What we put in it varies depending on what I have on hand. This was today's...


1 Tbs avocado oil, butter, or other mild tasting fat
2 corn tortillas, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 jalapeños, minced (sub green bell for no spice)
2-3 Roma tomatoes
8 eggs, whisked in large bowl

In a large sauté pan, heat up your oil over medium heat.
Throw in the corn tortillas and onion.  Sauté stirring constantly 5 minutes.
Add peppers and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes, stirring often.
Turn heat down a smidge and pour in your eggs. Cook the eggs, continuing to stir often until eggs are no longer shiny. Just before they're done, put in several pinches of salt, to your taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment