About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lemon Lush

Lemon Lush
2 cups flour
1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
2 8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temp
1 cup sugar
2- 3.4 oz boxes instant lemon pudding mix
3 1/2 cups cold milk (not skim)
1 12 oz container of Cool Whip or whipped cream


Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter using a pastry blender/cutter (or check out this link if you don't know what I'm talking about) until small balls form and crumbly. Press into the bottom on a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
In another bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 3-5 minutes until thickened. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set about 4 hours, then top with whipped topping or whipped cream.

Variations
  • use any flavor pudding that you'd like. My other favorites are chocolate, butterscotch and pistachio.
  • use vanilla flavored pudding but add a few sliced bananas on top of the baked and cooled crust. I cannot stand the "artificialness" of banana flavored pudding hence the vanilla flavor with sliced bananas.
  • if you decide on vanilla or lemon, top the whole dessert with fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
  • use real whipped cream to make it that much better instead of Cool Whip.
  • add 1 cup finely chopped nuts : 1/2 cup in the crust and 1/2 cup sprinkled on top. I've used pecans, but walnuts and almonds would be great too.
  • to make this over the top DELISH, make your own pudding :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! This one is delish! My MIL makes it with chocolate pudding and some nuts...hard to resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Lynne, Here's another recipe for you to copy for me. One of these days I'll find someone to get my printer running.

    ReplyDelete