About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sweet Potato Maple Muffins

This makes a great breakfast on the go or good snack option for busy days. I freeze them and throw a couple in my bag for Rae and me. By the time I'm ready to enjoy it, it's thawed out. Or if you can reheat in a 325 degree oven for 10 or so minutes.

2 eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs olive oil
½ cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated raw sweet potato
½ cup raisins
½ cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
¼ cup wheat germ
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

1. In a large bowl, blend together the eggs, syrup, olive oil, pineapple, vanilla, sweet potato, raisin and seeds. In another bowl, stir together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.

2. Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 regular muffin wells. Combine the wet and dry ingreditens and mix only until just combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tin. Divide all the dough into 12 muffin cups.

3. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Recipe note: if you want a smoother muffin, put the pineapple and sweet potato in a blender or food processor before stirring them into the flour. You can also blend the raisins if you want to disguise them.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a difference between Whole Wheat Flour and Whole Wheat Pastry Flour?

    ReplyDelete