About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Alfredo Giardino

I got the idea for this recipe in the Clean Eating Magazine Sept/Oct 2010 issue. I didn't have time to make my own sauce, hence the jarred version. I had leftover cooked chicken breasts that I sliced and put on top, but you could go meatless or add cooked shrimp.

Alfredo Giardino (Garden Alfredo) Serves 4
8 oz fettuccine noodles
1 Tbs olive oil
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen green beans
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1 cup jarred Alfredo sauce (i used HEB four cheese Alfredo)
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

While the noodles are boiling, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the oil. Cook the veggies in the oil, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender; about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Cooking the Veggies











Toss with 8 oz cooked fettuccine and 1 cup sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Sauced up!











*Just a note- please do NOT make fun of my food photography. I am not a photographer!! I will try and improve though ;)





BTW dinner tonight is Pan-Seared Tilapia with steamed broccoli and either baked sweet potato or brown rice

3 comments:

  1. So excited to be the first to comment! :) I'll definitely be trying this recipe soon - thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more...
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks yummy. I'll be grabbing my fork and trying this recipe soon. Much love for sharing, Kris.

    Misti Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this recipe. I cooked this for dinner and 3 out of 4 people in my house like it and asked for it again! That is a big deal in the Craven household.

    ReplyDelete