About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pots, Pans, and Kitchen Essentials

My friend, Betsy, had a kitchen question for me...I need new pots and pans. What brand do you recommend? My personal preference is Calphalon. They seem to consistently get great reviews. I have a 14 piece Calphalon set and then a few extras like a large non-stick skillet, roasting pan, an extra 14 inch saute pan and a large stock pot. I would go stainless steel all the way and then buy one or two non-stick saute pans separately. I don't like using non-stick usually, unless I'm frying eggs or making pancakes. The only thing with Calphalon is they are heavy, but I do really love them. I think now though, they make lighter sets. I've had them about 5 years and have had no problems.

For an experts opinion on the best pots and pans for your money, check this here.

To know what to look for when searching or trying to pick your next stainless steel cookware set, check out this link.

To answer ANY questions you might have about cookware or kitchen essentials, check out this page here.

Googling info on kitchen essentials led me to this article from the Today show. It lists the 7 most essential things you need in the kitchen to get just about any job done.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment