About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom of two beautiful girls who happens to be a professionally trained chef. I have dreams of one day publishing a cook book, but in the mean time I want to share this gift I've been given with all of you, so grab a fork (or sometimes a spoon)...because I'm in the kitchen!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tilapia with Tomato, Corn and Kalamata Topper

For dinner tonight at my house...tilapia. On top, we're trying something new to jazz it up a bit.

2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
6 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
cooking spray
4 Tilapia Fillets
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Liberally season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. When pan is hot, add the olive oil. Cook the fish 4-5 minutes a side. Remove fish from pan to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
2. To same skillet, add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cook 4-5 minutes until warm.

To serve, plate each tilapia fillet and top with a generous cup of the tomato mixture.

1 comment:

  1. Tilapia is my favorite fish ever! Always looking for new ways to cook it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete